Quorn Sausage Pasta Bake
Quorn Sausages are high in protein and low in saturated fat. And this pasta bake works brilliantly with our Quorn Sausage flavours or Quorn Pieces. Serve it up with garlic bread and salad leaves for a hearty, family-friendly meal.
A Little Effort
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g celery, finely diced
- 100g carrots, finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 vegetable stock cube in 250ml boiling water
- 400g can tomatoes
- 150g dried penne pasta
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped For the Cheese sauce:
- 25g butter
- 35g plain flour
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated For the topping:
- 50g fresh bread crumbs, 50g Italian Hard Cheese or Cheddar Cheese grated, mixed together
- In a large frying pan, heat half the oil and brown the Quorn Sausages. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil and fry the onions, garlic, celery and carrots over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, add the tomato puree, dried oregano, stock and tomatoes, season to taste simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally until the liquid has been reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the on pack instructions and pre-heat the oven to 200C (400F gas mark 6).
- To make the cheese sauce, in a small saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk to make a thick smooth sauce. Cook for 5 minutes then add the grated cheese and let it melt.
- When the pasta is cooked drain well, slice the Quorn Sausages into bite-sized pieces and add the pasta, basil and sausages to the tomato sauce. Transfer to a baking dish, pour over the cheese sauce and top with the breadcrumb and cheese topping. Bake on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with steamed green vegetables or fresh green salad.