- Quorn Meat-Free Spaghetti Bolognese
Quorn Meat-Free Spaghetti Bolognese3.2647058823529 out of 5, 1 based on 68 ratings
Quorn Meat-Free Spaghetti Bolognese
Try this quick spaghetti bolognese recipe, made with Quorn Meat-Free Grounds, mushrooms, and onion in a delicious tomato sauce.
- 200g Quorn Grounds
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 piece Onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 200g Mushrooms (such as mini portabellos), diced
- 2 tbsp Red Pesto
- 400ml Tomato Passata (use tomato sauce if passata is not available)
- 1 tbsp Vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 piece Vegetable Stock Cube, dissolved in 150ml hot water
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300g Fresh Spaghetti
- Hard cheese of your choice, grated to serve (optional)
Pre heat the oil over medium to high heat, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Add the garlic and mushrooms, cover and cook over medium/high heat, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes.
Increase the heat, add the Quorn Grounds, pesto, passata, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, vegetable stock, tomato puree and oregano. Stir well, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the fresh spaghetti according to pack instructions.
Season to taste and top with the grated cheese.