Quorn Meat-Free Binakol
2.8 out of 5, 1 based on 20 ratings
This proudly Filipino chicken soup gets a modern, meat-free take. Perfect for a rainy day!
- 2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 pc. Medium Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. Ginger, sliced
- 4 stalks Lemongrass, cut into 1 inch length and pounded
- 250 g Quorn Chunks
- ½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
- ¼ cup Coconut Meat
- 2 cups Coconut Water
- 2 cups Rice wash
- 1 pc. Medium Size Sayote, sliced
- ¼ cup Malunggay Leaves
- Heat cooking pot and pour in cooking oil.
- Sauté garlic when the oil is hot
- Put in onion, ginger and lemongrass and then cook for 1 minute
- Add the Quorn Chunks. Stir and cook for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add ground black pepper and fish sauce then stir.
- Put in the coconut meat, coconut water and rice wash. Allow to boil and then simmer for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Add the sayote. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put in the malunggay leaves and cook for a minute or more.
- Turn the heat off and then transfer to a soup bowl (or a coconut shell).