3.1780821917808 out of 5, 1 based on 73 ratings
Fancy a curry night? Our Quorn version packs in all the flavor, but with fewer calories and less saturated fat.
A Little Effort
- 200 grams Quorn Chunks
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup cubed potato
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups coconut cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat cooking oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté ginger and garlic until aromatic. Add potato and carrot then cook until tender.
- Place red chili, flour and curry powder in the pan and cook until flour is slightly brown. Pour in vegetable broth and coconut cream slowly while stirring until thickened.
- Add Quorn Chunks and simmer for 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make vegetable broth at home: Heat oil in a soup pot. Add onion, celery, carrots, spring onions, garlic, parsley, thyme, and bay leaves. Cook over high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add salt and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain. Discard vegetables.