Quorn Meat-Free Nachos
3.3584905660377 out of 5, 1 based on 53 ratings
Flavours and textures blend perfectly together with this tasty recipe for vegetarian nachos. Top nacho chips with jalapeno, mushroom, tomato, olives, sour cream and a tasty Quorn Grounds mix. Finish with cheese and get sharing!
- 300 g Nacho Chips
- 100 g Sliced Jalapeno
- 100 g Corn Kernel
- 100 g Black Olives, sliced
- 100 g Mushroom, sliced (Canned)
- 100 g Tomato, diced
- 100 g Red Onion, diced
- ¼ cup Cheese Sauce
- 4 tbsp. Sour Cream
- Quorn Grounds Sauce
- 25 ml. Olive Oil
- 250 g Quorn Grounds
- 50 g Onion, chopped
- 20 g Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup Spaghetti Sauce
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Quorn Grounds Sauce
- In a large pan heat olive oil on a medium-high heat.
- Add the Quorn Grounds and cook for 10 minutes or until all sides are lightly browned.
- Add the onion and garlic, stir and cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce to the pan. Add the dried oregano and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce simmer and bring down the heat to low-temperature. Simmer the Quorn Grounds sauce for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool. Set aside.
- Arrange the chips in a bowl
- Spread jalapeno, corn, black olives, mushroom, tomatoes, and red onions over the chips
- Layer with cheese sauce, Quorn Grounds sauce and drizzle with sour cream.