Quorn Meat-Free Sisig
2.9393939393939 out of 5, 1 based on 33 ratings
This Pinoy pulutuan favorite gets a surprising but flavor-filled meat-free twist
- 200g Quorn Chunks, cut in smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 piece siling labuyo
- 1 piece raw egg yolk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare all vegetables. Chop red onion, garlic, chili, and spring onions. Reserve one tbsp. spring onions for garnish
- Set a pan to medium heat. Add the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, before the onions completely soften.
- Add Quorn Chunks, chili, and spring onions. Fry for about 10 minutes or until the Quorn Chunks are crisp and dark brown.
- Add the calamansi juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper to season.
- Heat a sizzling plate until smoking and transfer Quorn Chunks to the sizzling plate and top with raw egg yolk
- Garnish with spring onion and serve with calamansi and chili on the side.