- Ramen Noodle Soup with Quorn Fillets
Ramen Noodle Soup with Quorn Fillets3.3333333333333 out of 5, 1 based on 6 ratings
Ramen Noodle Soup with Quorn Fillets
Easy to make at home, this tasty ramen noodle bowl makes a delicious and healthy dinner.
- 1 pack Quorn Fillets, sliced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 225g shiitake mushrooms (stems removed), sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin (sweetened rice wine)
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 300g ramen noodles
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, halved
- 340g cooked shelled edamame
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 sheet nori (dried seaweed), toasted and torn into pieces
Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in soy sauce, mirin and sugar; cook for 1 minute. Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook sliced Quorn Fillets according to pack directions. In pot of boiling water, cook ramen noodles for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to 4 large soup bowls.
Ladle broth over noodles. Top with sliced fillets, eggs, edamame, green onions and nori.
Substitute vegetable broth for mushroom broth if desired.
Omit egg, and add sliced avocado if desired.